Regular maintenance works:
1. Cutting grass
2. Fertilization (applying fertilizer)
4. Selective herbicide
Special maintenance works:
7. Land analysis
9. Cutting it even at the end of winter
11. Anti-cryptogrammic treatments
12. Insecticide treatment
The parameters that regulate intervention time and methods are mainly two, as the diagram indicates:
Spring Summer Autumn Winter
Intervention height (cm) 7 – 8 6 – 7 7 – 8 8 – 9
Final cutting height 3 – 4 4 – 5 4 – 5 5
The final cutting height, in other words the point where all leaves surfaces are cut, is determined mostly according to the season, the type of mixture and the destination of the grass carpet. The cutting frequency varies according to the type of fertilizer, rain, irrigation, pedological characteristics and the type of essences which are used in the mixture. Generally for the mix which is composed of pratensis, ryegrass and festuca, the interval between cutting from April and May(the months when the growth is intense) is usually 6/7 days, while in the warmer periods (July- August) the interval is 10-15 days. 18-16 mowing interventions are estimated in a year.
The execution ways honor the following rules:
* the grass carpet in the intervention moment has to be dry
* the cutting instruments (blades) have to be properly sharpened
* the raking has to be carefully performed after each cutting, in order to prevent the accumulation of organic material and the formation of felt.
*in the periods when the growth is intensive, for each 2-3 cuttings a resilient raking is required, in order to gather the possible organic material and for the oxygenation of soil surface layers.